Are you wondering how to become an Uber driver in Nigeria and make a good living with it? This article shall give you a definitive guide on how you can go about it.
Uber is a US multinational ride-hailing company that provides riding and taxi services to people. They operate currently in about 45 countries. Uber is the most popular and biggest ride-hailing company in the world, worth billions of dollars.
In Nigeria, Uber operate in the major cities like Lagos and Abuja. They have come to stand strong because of the way they run their business. You can become one of their drivers who deliver this unique service of theirs.
You can make N150, 000 and more in a month working as an Uber driver in Nigeria. Before you apply to become an Uber driver, you must meet the following requirements.
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME UBER DRIVER
You do not need to have a car before you can become an Uber driver. All you need do is meet the minimum requirements after which you will sign up. The requirements to be an Uber driver in Nigeria are:
- You must be a mininum of 21 years old.
- You are required to have a valid driving licence for Nigeria.
- You will have to complete a Safety Screening session
- You will watch a short training video if you are pass the safety screening
VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS TO BE AN UBER DRIVER IN NIGERIA
If you choose to join Uber drivers with your own vehicle, the said vehicle must meet the certain criteria as provided by Uber Inc. These car requirements are:
- You vehicle must be in a sound physical condition
- It must be a four doors car
- The air conditioning system must be working well
- The car must also have a working radio
- You will need to provide the car insurance documents before you are allowed to hit the road as an Uber driver.
What is next if you have all these requirements?
HOW TO BECOME AN UBER DRIVER IN NIGERIA
To become an Uber driver in Nigeria, you will need to follow these steps:
- Sign up as a driver on Uber website. Click here to register: https://www.uber.com/signup/drive/
- Now upload your documents: driving licence, birth certificate and clear and recent passport photograph.
- Complete the Safety Screening and watch the tutorial video
- Get your vehicle either as your own of from Uber. These cars provided by Uber are people’s investment in Uber. This means that a certain percentage of the money you make using their car for Uber services will go to the owner of the car.
- Activate your account and start driving and making good money.
Enjoy your time as a Nigerian Uber driver. Good luck in you application, and do not hesitate to put your questions through if you do have any.