In Nigeria, it is a necessity to carry-out Driver’s license renewal once every 3 or 5 years as it usually expires after this period. For a new driver trying to renew your driver’s license for the first time, you might not be sure of what to do.
Similarly, if this isn’t your first time, you should be familiar with the hassle associated with Driver’s license renewal in Nigeria. The long queue, the time wasted and all the inconvenience. Most times one has to pay more than the required amount to tip or bribe an officer just to get things done faster.
However, It is significant to note that the Federal road safety commission had addressed these issues since 2017. Nigerian drivers no longer need to go through the manual process of visiting FRSC office. You can now process your driver’s license renewal from the comfort of your home or office.
The introduction of the FRSC Driver’s license renewal portal helped to curb the bribery and corruption in the system. Moreover, the convenience and easiness this development brings are applaudable.
In this post, you will learn how to renew your expired license in less than 30minutes. See below the steps you have to follow to Renew your Driver’s License Using the Online Portal:
Drivers license renewal Step by Step Guide
1) On your browser, visit www.nigeriadriverslicense.org
2) Go to where you have DL Application and click Renewal of Driver’s License.
3) A page with a form on it comes up. There you will have to fill your driver’s license number and date of birth. Make sure that you have less than 30 days before expiration when trying to renew. Click on Search after filling the required details.
4) Select your renewal duration on the next page. The options at the moment are 3 and 5 years and they cost #6,350 and #10,450 respectively.
5) You can scroll down to check your biodata and correct anything if there is a need. One thing you should pay attention to is the processing center. Supposing you have changed your location you should change the center to the closest FRSC center to you.
6) After checking all your data, it’s time to pay which you will pay online using your debit card.
7) After payment confirmation, copy your Application ID from the Driver’s License Application Acknowledgement Slip and click Print to print out the acknowledgment slip.
8) Go back to the site’s homepage and click on Track DL Application Status.
9) Fill in the Application ID you copied from your Payment Confirmation Slip.
That is it with the online application. Now it’s time to visit the FRSC office for the manual process.
Go to the Processing Centre you choose while filling the form. You should go there with the acknowledgment slip. The officer will have to ask you a few questions and process with a test to test your driving knowledge.
In a matter of minutes, you should be done with your Driver’s license renewal.
Finally, if you are wondering how to go about your Plate Number verification, don’t fail to check our blog for educating posts like this one for car owners.
As a car owner, you may have a need to protect your car from theft, that’s where Otrac Telematics comes in.
Otrac Telematics has been a car tracking company in Nigeria since 2007 and we specialize in the installation of security products like GPS trackers on cars.
You can contact us and if you have any question you should use the comment box.